Monday, November 24, 2008

So as I'm thinking about all the things I need to do in the next couple of days to get ready for Thanksgiving I'm also looking at my planner and kinda starting to panic at how full the month of December is ALREADY...I'm reminded of my good friend Sarah's response to an question on an email forward about what's most annoying about the holidays...

"The busyness of the schedule. I mean, really, do we have to have a Christmas party with every single group of people we happen to be a part of? Do we really have to make a dish of food and buy a $5 gift and find a sitter for for all those parties? Why can't we spread them out over the whole year? Then we would have something to look forward to in August. Why do we feel compelled to max-out our time and money all in one month? Wouldn't a simple "I love you and appreciate you" be enough to show someone the kindness of Jesus during the season? Why do we really do all of this? I'm not trying to be Scrooge. I just get stressed at this time of the year when everyone requires more of your time and money than usual. Wouldn't it just be nice to have a break? I think I'll send out an invitation for a "stay-at-home" Christmas party to all my friends. It would read..."You're invited to STAY HOME for a Christmas Party. Don't buy a gift. Don't make a finger food. Don't hire a sitter. Don't bundle up and leave the house. Brew yourself a cup of coffee. Turn on some Christmas music. Sit on your couch under a cozy blanket. Gaze into the lights on your tree. Think of me and I'll think of you. I love you dearly and hope you have a Merry Christmas!" "

Well said Sarah! Love ya girl!

No comments: