Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ohhh the Temptation...

I left work right at 5:00 yesterday and called in an order for dinner at Rhineharts...Of course I would have had to have chosen a restaurant that doesn't have carside to-go so I lucky enough to get completely drenched in a monsoon! I run home to meet Matt and change clothes so that we can get to youth (by 5:30, yeah right!)...But as I walk in the door I'm faced with THIS sitting on our coffee table...


Yes, that's two wonderful boxes that had just arrived via UPS...One box containing my first order of professional prints and the other containing my brand-spankin new 85mm f/1.8 lense! Human instinct told me to throw all caution to the wind and rip open these fantastic boxes...But the responsible me knew getting to church ASAP was the best choice to make. Of course it ripped my heart out - I felt like I was abandoning my first-born child! I'd been waiting FOUR whole days and now my orders were within my grasp and I had to force myself to walk away!


Well, now it's almost time to call it a day...And since we shouldn't have any plans tonight I'll have all the time in the world to enjoy my new lense! (Well, maybe...Considering it's probably going to be raining and I'll be stuck inside!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd say that was a pretty awesome mail day!!! I'm excited to see the prints!!

stacey said...

Awesome mail day! I also have a box at my house for you :)
Did you play with your new lens at all? Post some pictures soon.