Monday, September 8, 2008

With the weekend behind us, the countdown begins to West Palm Beach! Our excitement is building by the day especially that we now know we'll be in the clear from Hurricane Ike! -And yesterday's incredible hot temps here made me realize that we probably have no reason to worry that it will be "cold" at the beach! (In fact, it'll probably be just as hot as it was last time we were there in May of 2004!)
.....
The only thing I'm sorta stressing about is the whole flying process (Note I said the "process" not the actual FLIGHT). We're flying out of Atlanta and I'm just not familiar with how to do everything (and what all we actually have to do!) or how to get from one place to the next...I just got a basic run through from a friend, but I have the feeling I'm going to need to hear it at least once a day between now and Saturday! (This IS coming from the person who had the entire MARTA system mapped out and scheduled weeks ahead of time when we were going to the Women's Conference in Atlanta!) I just need to know EXACTLY what I need to do and the specific means of accomplishment! I'm a very "visual" person...There's a very distinct possibility that by Saturday morning I will have memorized every Atlanta airport terminal layout and will be able to tell you exact locations of any given food/beverage and retail establishments!
.....
But until then, my mind is constantly thinking through every possible item that we MAY need while on vacation. For instance, the thing that's been on my mind for a few days is a colander. I"m seriously concerned as to whether or not our condo will have a colander. I mean, we'll probably want to make spaghetti one night (seeing as that's basically the only meal we know how to cook!), but what if I open the cabinet to find pots and pans, but no colander!? So do I need to pack OUR colander?? Typically I would without even thinking twice, but since we're flying this time we're limited to only what can fit in our luggage!! AGH! (And trust me, my colander example is only one of MANY!!)
.....
So now it's almost the end of workday number 1! Time to figure out some dinner, head home, start some laundry and get a plan together for this gigantic packing endeavor!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chances are that your condo will have a colander...if it doesn't, just put the top part way on the pot of noodles, tip it, and drain them that way....if that is all you use a colander for. "Conlander"..that is really a strange word if you say it a lot....hmmmm, deep thought.