Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sixth Day of Vacation!!

Like I said earlier, sorry for not posting a "Fifth Day of Vacation" but I'll try to catch you up now!

Let's see...Yesterday...Oh yeah! We went out on a ride through the intercoastal waterway with our Captain and Tour Guide, Captain Ron!


Captain Ron rocks! We took this tour last time we were here and were so excited when we boarded the boat to see Captain Ron waiting for us again this year!

After our tour, we spent the afternoon by the pool and walking on the beach...For dinner, we went back to the marina to enjoy our meal with a nice view!


Also, on a side note, the water seemed especially "tropical" yesterday...Here's a pic of the water from our balcony...




Now! Here we are at today!!

At noon, we had Captain Ron drop us off over at Peanut Island to do a little snorkeling. This was a first for me, but it was SO much fun! You'd be standing there in the water and everything looks normal, but as soon as you stick your face in you realize there's TONS of fish swimming all around you!! All different kinds of fish too! It was so crazy!! We used a disposable waterproof camera to take some underwater pictures and are hoping to get them developed tonight...

We got back here to the resort about 2ish and spent a little while out on the beach and are now getting ready for dinner! Tonight we're going to the Crab House! (That was our other favorite restaurant from last time and it's on the water right next to Jetty's!)

So while I've been sitting here blogging away, my fabulous husband did a little "house cleaning!" Somehow we'd managed to let it get a little out of control...As in, TUESDAY night's spaghetti was still in a pot on the stove and on our plates in the sink! INSANITY, I know! I'm really glad he cleaned it all up though!

Unfortunately it's getting to the point in our wonderful vacation where the reality of going home is starting to set in...I always tend to get kinda depressed and sentimental at the end of a long vacation. At the beginning of the week I actually thought that maybe I'm just a homebody and vacationing's just not for me...I kinda missed the "routine" of our busy everyday life, but those crazy thoughts didn't last long after we got settled in and started relaxing! In the beginning it seemed like the week was going to last forever...(I can dream, can't I?!) but already it's Thursday evening...I know coming home's inevitable, and I'll be glad to see our babies and our own bed, but I also know that the next three weeks are gonna be pretty rough! First off, my parents are moving next Thursday night/Friday. Normally that would be enough craziness in and of itself, but to top it off, Matt will be working at the church every night next week and I'll probably be working late and on the weekends until October 10th! Last week at work we found out we have 3 weeks to have our 2009 budget complete and submitted...(Normally you're given a minimum of 6 weeks and it takes all 40 hours a week for all 6 of those weeks to get it done!) Yeah...so that's that! Nothing we can do about it all except do it and get through it! And like I keep telling myself, it's really only THREE weeks and then life should settle down again! Before we know it the holidays will be here!!

Well, this is turning into quite a long post so I'm going to cut myself off and go watch this storm that's rolling in off the ocean!

No comments: