Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So I'm blogging here from my couch on this somewhat sunny Tuesday afternoon because I'm home sick...
.....

Long time, no blog - I know! So let's play catch-up!

.....

The weekend before last was the Deeper Still Con
ference in Atlanta...The conference itself was great and I really loved hearing Priscilla Shirer, but I swear I'm like a 90 year old woman set in my ways! I guess I just don't like to be away from home (and my husband!) and "normalcy".
.....
Then last week was just the basic work-week with the exception of the 4th o
f July holiday on Friday...Yippee! A three-day weekend! Friday we spent the day at my parents pool with the Stickels and then watched fireworks together that night.
.....
Most of Saturday was spent "condo-hunting" with
my parents...We thought we were going to look at the two we'd narrowed it down to and then make an offer on one, but somehow ended up looking at several more. We did actually find a different one that's the same layout as the others, but on a small, shady, secluded street...Much nicer than the ones that are just row after row of white buildings. Finally it was decided to go ahead and make an offer and we've been playing the waiting gamesince...(As I type, I actually just got word of the counter-offer...It's basically what we expected, but of course my mom is making a big deal about it...Great...) Then Saturday evening we went to hang out at Charles and Kathy's...Me, Sarah and Lindsey got a little scrapbooking in while the guys played X-Box.
.....
Sunday was church and then a nice
relaxing afternoon at the pool before getting ready for Lauren & Cliffs wedding...The wedding was great and we had fun hanging out with friends and catching up with people we don't see often...
.....
So I guess that brings us pr
etty much up to date! Here we are, in the middle of another average work-week!!
.....
Here's a few pics of the surprise kittens we discovered at my parents house...Their cat PJ (formerly the devil) had 3 little kittens without anyone knowing she was even pregnant!


Jackson wasn't too interested in the pool so he spent his time outdoors crawling around and playing with golf balls


With no other kids around, Grey had a great time swimming...


...Until Uncle Matt hurt his feelings by not sharing his golf balls with him - Grey's quote, in a very hurt and dejected tone, "Well I guess I'll just go inside and play by myself..."



And some fireworks to wrap up the evening!







No comments: