Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm kinda excited that it's Thursday b/c after Thursday comes Friday and Friday means our first Journey scrapbooking night of the new year!! Yippee!! I've been overly excited for the past few weeks looking forward to it!! (But unfortunately between now and then is the rest of today, tonight and a whole day's work tomorrow!!)
.....
Yesterday during lunch I made a trip over to the Vital Records Department in Richmond County because I needed a certified copy of my birth certificate. I've always remembered this little tiny building over in the middle of nowhere from back when my dad and I went to get a copy of my birth certificate before I started school...Every time I've ever been by there I always spot it, but yesterday I was actually going there with a purpose! Yes, this would be at least the THIRD birth certificate I've been issued...Who knows what happened to my original birth certificate my parents received shortly after I was born...And then that second I got all those many years ago with my dad was in my car when it got totaled back when I was like 18...So I've gone all these years without proof I was born, but finally broke down and went and got another copy so that I can get a passport. (Because one will need a passport this summer if they're planning on vacationing in the Caribbean!!). Now of course I looked at my other birth certificate several times throughout my life, but that still didn't stop me from reading every single line on the new one yesterday JUST TO MAKE SURE those people I call "Mom and Dad" REALLY ARE the ones responsible for my birth. And so the jury's in! It's official! (Once again!) I really was born on June 18th at 12:07pm and "Mom" and "Dad" REALLY ARE mom and dad! (But the jury IS still out on whether or not that's a good thing!! J/K)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Passport for the Carribean? You need a passport for overseas missions!

agirlinawhirl said...

Jenn,
I would love to get with you about taking some photos of my girl. Haven't been able to get your number though. Can we shedule?