Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sometimes you just need a break...And tonight is mine!! Sure I should be at youth right about now, but after working til 8 last night and 6 tonight, all I wanted to do was to come home and take a few minutes to breath!!

So I've caught up on all my blog reading and just took the time to snap of a few pics of our Christmas tree and other decorations!


Here's a peak at some of Matt's great finds at the after-Christmas sales...Several poinsettias and even a couple of deer!




And despite the fact that we don't usually get a tree until the the first weekend in December, we sorta broke down and got it a little early! (Yes, in the middle of last weekends flood!) Matt was a little concerned that none of the trees were tall enough, but as soon as he stood this one up in the garage he realized he'd be chopping a little off the top to fit it under our 10' ceilings!






And who do we have here?!?! It looks like The Elf on the Shelf has taken up residence in the Harrison household! (But shhh...Matt doesn't know yet! Our little elf is strategically hiding in the cabinet where I'm sure he'll go to fix a drink as soon as he gets home!)


I know it's silly, but I'm so excited about our Elf! I've been thinking about him for days and just finally got the chance to get him today. The girl packaging him up said, "Aww! Are you a teacher??" I told her I wasn't and the other lady said "Oh you're going to have so much fun taking him home and setting him up for your children!" - I just smiled. No need to tell her my little elf is just for me and my Christmas-loving hubby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww that is so cute! I saw the elf on a few other blogs too! Santa must have a lot of little elfs running around for him! Your tree looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person! I'm glad you got a break...