Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Newfound Thoughts on Sweet Tea

Yes. An entire post about SWEET TEA b/c I've become totally obsessed with the very drink I've hated my entire life!!

It started back during the summer when I was really sick...Out of nowhere I started craving it and my first glass (at Sconyers) quickly turned into three glasses!! After that I ordered it every now at restaurants and and began frequenting Chick-Fil-A for half sweet tea half lemonade. At some point a couple of months ago I actually made a pitcher of it for party at our house one night (complete with sliced lemons of course!!) and now the rest is history. I've graduated from a medium to a large half and half at Chick-Fil-A and we've even started buying the "family size" box of teabags!

But the craziest part of it all is IN MY HEAD!! It has some sort of twisted placebo affect on me! Like in my mind I feel like I'm drinking some sort of alcholic drink!! Now of course I don't start walking into walls or slurring my speech, but I feel like I'm doing something wild and crazy!! Maybe it's the whole "caffeinated" thing b/c I hear people say "I better drink caffeine this late or I'll be up all night!" Maybe I think if I drink it during the day I'm going to start running around like the Energizer Bunny...Or maybe since I didn't grow up drinking it it's like an "adult beverage" to me! (I actually had the thought this morning as I was filling my Nalgene bottle that I better not drink it while driving!!)

So yeah. Mix me, sweet tea and lemon and all of sudden you get Super Hip, Super Edgy Jenn!

(Well, in my HEAD at least!)



No comments: