Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just spent the entire evening at the mall and I'm once again convinced I could never be a shopaholic! I went in to tonight's "shopping spree" with no spending limits on myself and still I did not find any clothes for myself for the first 2 hours! (I did find black and white panties that I wanted, but that just doesn't really count!) It wasn't until our final stop in Express that I found three dress shirts that I liked and even then I would have NEVER gotten them had they not been 40% off! I even put my favorite one back without even a second thought when I thought it wasn't on sale! I just have such a hard time buying for myself if I can't justify the item as a complete and total necessity! For example, I had to force myself to get another pair of black close-toed dress shoes despite the fact that the only ones I've ever owned are falling apart...So they're all scuffed up and the sides are pealing away, they still serve their purpose! They still protect my feet when I'm walking and that's all they're supposed to do!! Who cares what they look like?!? I don't! Agh! It's craziness! (And yes, for those of you who know me really well, I WOULD still be wearing my original fake Birkenstocks with the soles worn paper thin had God Himself not asked me to give them up!!)

Anyways! Tomorrow's Thursday, but it's the last day of the work week before our three day weekend!! Yaaay for the Fourth of July!! Looking forward to lots of pool time with some good books!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL at the Birkenstock comment!!