Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jamaica - Day 1

Wow! What a day it has been!

Our day started at 3:30am and we were out of the house at 4:00am! We arrived at the Atlanta airport after parking and shuttling about 7:00...Plenty early for our 8:30 flight! After a 3 hour flight we were finally in Jamaica! After getting through the airport in Montego Bay we rode a medium-sized bus/shuttle with two other couples to our resort in Whitehouse...We arrived at 1:00, checked into our room, grabbed a bite to and CRASHED! I guess all the traveling caught up with us pretty quickly because unlike every other day of the year, MATT was crying for a nap! We slept til about 6:00 and then took a walk around the resort to start getting a feel for where we are...Very interesting! It's crazy how there's mountains on one side of us and SEA on the other! (Yeah, I said "SEA" as opposed to "OCEAN" because I've learned we are in the Caribbean SEA and not the Atlantic OCEAN!)

It took me a minute the first time I saw the beach from our balcony to realize why it looked so different...There's no dunes and there's TREES on the beach! It's so interesting! Really peaceful looking!

I snapped a couple quick pics of the views from our suite, but it was already getting dark so I'll have to get some better ones tomorrow!






Gosh...I have so much more I want to try to wrap my head around and actually put into words about how different everything is here, but Matt's already fallen asleep with the light on and I'm thinking now may be a good time to join him! (Especially since it's an hour later to our tired bodies!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad y'all made it safely! I can't wait to see pics!!